Locksmith Florida offers to residents of palm beach and surrounding area assistance in all situations related to the change, repair, and installation of lock systems. Our locksmith services were available at any time convenient for the client.
Why Professional Locksmith? Locksmith Florida
In matters of choosing a locking system, there is no one recommendation for everyone. Because there are various materials of different textures, different locks are selected, taking into account the door's functional features.
On interior rooms, preferably to install less locksmith, Florida offers reliable models with decorative details (handles, additional latches).
The entrance is equipped with durable structures, resistant to brute force and professional burglary.
Mortise cylinder or level locks of a high degree of security have proven themselves well. You have to pay attention, and they are compatible with metal (iron, steel) front doors.
However, experts in locksmith Florida do not advise to self-select options for your case.
Why Professional Locksmith?
Only a professional will see the weak points of the Locksmith Florida Offers To Residents and determine the model of the system suitable for installation. An “incorrect” lock will eventually cause the lock system's deformation, which will destroy the locking system.
Offers a wide range of products of official locksmith® Offers To Residents domestic and foreign manufacturers and provides support on all stages of the change or installation of door lock systems. For more questions, call or email us.
Dimensions Of Electric Lock - The Complete Guide
It is essential to know the dimensions of the electric locks that are usually repaired in the US because the locks' structure is in a remote configuration and not external, which requires the US to plan the installation according to the type of lock.
The electric locks, also known as 'electric strikes,' are installed inside the door jambs to catch the lock's tab hidden in the door or release it following an electrical command.
In this guide, we will give you a point-by-point overview of the dimensions when the focus is on the lock's structure and not on its function.
You can see the selection of existing locks in the category of electric waves.
The initial and primary division is following the terms of - symmetrical lock or asymmetrical lock. The symmetry refers to the tab position of the electric safety within the rectangular lock structure.
As stated above, the electric lock structure is rectangular and narrow, being a hidden lock that should be installed inside the door frame since there is not enough space inside the door frame to install locks. Hence, the structure of the wave is rectangular.
The symmetrical and asymmetrical division is also divided into two types - standard and narrow.
Table Of Contents Hide
- Brands sold
- Settings for the lock dimensions
- Notes to the table
- Power voltage
- Circuit breaker
- Distances between the centers of the threaded holes
- Steel doors
Why Professional Locksmith Brands Are Sold
In us, we know some brands that are sold, when to install the door? most of which are produced in Spain; we can name the following brands:
- Yale - Assa Abloy owns this brand. It is manufactured in Germany and china, depending on the type of product.
- Dorcas - this brand is made in Spain.
- Jis - this brand is manufactured in Spain or china, depending on the import and type of lock
- Multi-lock - this brand is owned by Assa Abloy and is mostly manufactured in Spain. But there is spot production in other parts of the world.
- Lock size settings
- For the us to specify the dimensions, we must first define the sides of the lock structure to make it easier for the us to understand the dimensions, as follows:
- The height of the lock is measured from top to bottom and from end to end
- The depth of the lock is measured from end to end when we look at the safety, as in the picture above
- The width of the lock is also measured from end to end. When counting from right to left, you see the screw bolts to the jamb when looking at the wave.
The table below shows the dimensions of the electric locks that are common in the US;
- Lock type height h depth d width w
- Symmetrical 75 28 20
- Narrow symmetrical 67 28 16.5
- Asymmetrical 90 28 20
- Limited asymmetrical 90 28 16.5
- Notes to the table
- Dimensions can have a deviation of up to 1 mm per side.
- The dimensions do not refer to abnormal locks, such as electric locks for panic handles, locks for heavy loads, and unconventional configurations.
- Electrical voltage
- Usually, the locks work on an electrical voltage of 12v ac / dc; the exception is 24v.
Some locks require a circuit breaker, which is also called a circuit breaker, to neutralize the lock's activity; however, in electric locks with the reverse operation or abnormal configurations, the circuit breaker does not have one.
Distances between the centers of the threaded holes
The electric lock should be attached to a front tape or jamb. Each electric lock has a preparation with screws for its best locksmith in Naples installation, and the distance between them ranges from 46 mm to 52 mm, depending on the type of safety and the manufacturer.
When installing an electric lock on steel doors, we install locks in sizes fitted together with the particular angle installed on the jamb. You may want to check out our blog guide on installing electric locks on steel doors.
Electric Lock - An Essential Guide
Electric locks - and some call them electric angles because of their angular shape, or electric hidden locks are installed in the door jambs. Their function is straightforward: grab the tab of the remote lock on the door or release it according to an electrical command.
Table Of Contents Hide
- Normally closed fail-safe
- Normally open fail-safe
- Functions electric locks
- Electric locks with delay
- Narrow electric locks for installation on steel doors or narrow profiles
- Electric door locks with panic handles
- Electric locks with indications
- Electric locks for heavy doors
Normally Closed Fail-safe
Whenever the electric command is given (the knowledge can be by pressing a button / entering a code in the coder/proximity tag, etc.), then the electric lock will work - that is, release the tab, and thus the door will open - so this operation is also called normally closed fail-safe. And in simple translation: the lock is closed as long as there is no alternating current.
Normally Open Fail-safe
But what happens if we ask for the opposite - that is: the lock is open as long as there is no direct current of electricity and only when there is no current (in cases of a power outage) will it operate? Such an operation has a name: normally open fail-safe and in short n.O and a simplistic translation: the lock is closed as long as there is alternating current when there is no alternating current (in the event of a power failure), it is opened. We call this method of action 'reverse action'.
For what do we need to install an n., O. Lock? Isn't it simpler not to install it?
The answer meets this lock's purpose: indoors with a sliding doors repair service area fixed handle, and the door is locked even if we did not perform any action. This is because there is no moving handle that releases the tab, so in emergencies when there is a power outage, we want to turn off the tab operation to avoid a problematic situation that in cases of panic - panic we will start looking for the key of the door cylinder, so the tab enters the lock and releases the door, we install escape doors for emergency exit, hence the importance of this lock. Most of these locks will be installed in public institutions, education, etc.
Functions Of Electric Locks
- Electric locks with delay
- The lock receives an opening instruction, and it remains in the open position.
- As long as the door is not closed after entering, the opening operation will be canceled, and the door will be locked again.
- We identify an electric lock with the button's pause in the lock's center, which releases the locking action.
Narrow Electric Lock For Installation In Steel Doors Or Narrow Ruffles
In steel doors, check the distance between the bolts and the slam tab in advance, checking the dimensions in advance. It is recommended to install narrow locks in steel doors. For more on this, it is recommended emergency locksmith in Naples, FL to read the blog guide that deals with installing an electric lock on steel doors and installing an electric coil with a narrow profile.
Symmetrical Electric Lock + Multiblock Delay
Symmetrical electric angular lock integrated with the stay mechanism and intended for installation in wooden, aluminum, iron lintels and according to the hidden lock's dimensions installed in the door.
High-quality Lock Made By Multiblock Made In Spain
The lock is symmetrical and can be turned right/left. The front film is reversible accordingly. The lock has a seat breaker to cancel the electric lock for any purpose
How will you identify the lock?
- The model which is supposed to appear on the lock
- The man's logo with the multi-lock company's muscles is imprinted on him, and the front tape is attached to the product.
- If you are not sure that this is the product, do not order and contact us to check the matter. Do not order products based on gut feelings.
- When does the lock work?
- When the lock is commanded - subject to the normally closed fail-safe method below - it remains open until the door is locked.
Normally Closed Fail-safe
The method of operation in this lock is - normally closed fail-safe. This is locked as long as it does not receive an electrical command [I.E ., do not press the button or enter the code in the electric coder]. When he receives electrical power, his tab will be released, and then the hidden lock tab will be able to enter the lock.
Electric Locks For Heavy Doors
When a lock is used for industrial purposes or when the door is hefty, and there is a fear that the lock tab will be damaged, then a heavy-duty electric lock must be installed to withstand a load weighing 300 or 500 and even 750 kg and more.
What Is The Normally Closed Fail-safe Operation?
Whenever the electric command is given (the power can be by pressing a button / entering a code in the coder/proximity tag, etc.), then the electric lock will work - that is, release the tab, and thus the door will open - so emergency residential locksmith this operation is also called normally closed fail-safe. And in simple translation: the lock is closed as long as there is no alternating current.
What Is The Normally Open Fail-safe Operation?
Is the lock open as long as there is no direct current of electricity, and only when there is no current (in cases of a power outage) will it operate? Such an operation has a name: normally open fail-safe and in sliding glass door repair Naples short and simple translation: the lock is closed as long as there is alternating current when there is no alternating current (in the event of a power failure) it is opened. We also call this method of action 'reverse action.'